|Thursday, Feb. 01, 2007 || Meme - What are five books that have changed your life?|
What are five books that changed your life?
In no particular order:
1. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.
I am actually re-reading this right now. It is fiction, but it is an amazing portrait of God's love. Makes me laugh and cry no matter how many times I've read it (which is about 4 now).
2. A New Kind of Christian by Brian McLaren.
When I read this book, I wanted to shout out loud numerous times, "That is exactly how I feel, but couldn't put my finger on it!"
A must read for anyone disillusioned with how "church" and Christianity are "done" today. (This is the first in a trilogy, and the rest are good too, but this one is my favorite.)
3. The Bible. Might seem cliched and/or simple, but it has great principles for living. And if you read it in a new translation, like the NLT, the action is pretty cool. Who knew, eh?
4. Wisdom Hunter by Randall Arthur.
Totally blows the lid off of traditional, legalistic Christianity.
5. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman.
Helped me understand myself and my hubby and how we give and recieve love - and how we should express love to one another.
I could go on and on. Instead I will just list a few for honorable mention:
- At Home in Mitford (the entire series) by Jan Karon
- And just because I've always loved it, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
And I tagged anyone who reads this and feels like listing theirs!
Just a reminder - Friday, Aug. 10, 2007
Rockin' Girl Blogger - Wednesday, Jul. 18, 2007
A good end - Friday, Jun. 01, 2007
Moving on? Yes and no. - Monday, May. 07, 2007