|Thursday, Feb. 17, 2005 || Were you a little girl in the 70's?|
Couldn't resist posting this. I can personally attest to at least 25 of them. And I remember most of them.
1. You wore a rainbow shirt that was half-sleeves, and the rainbow went up sleeve, across your chest, and down the other.
2. You made baby chocolate cakes in your Easy Bake Oven and washed them down with snow cones from your Snoopy Snow Cone Machine.
3. You had that Fisher Price Doctor's Kit with a stethoscope that actually worked.
4. You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and a plastic basket with flowers on it.
5. You learned to skate with actual skates (not roller blades) that had metal wheels.
6. You thought Gopher from Love Boat was cute (admit it!)
7. You had nightmares after watching Fantasy Island.
8. You had rubber boots for rainy days and Moon boots for snowy days.
9. You had either a "bowl cut" or! "pixie," not to mention the "Dorothy Hamil" because your Mom was sick of braiding your hair.
10. People sometimes thought you were a boy.
11. Your Holly Hobbie sleeping bag was your most prized possession.
12. You wore a poncho, gauchos, and knickers.
13. You begged Santa for the electronic game, Simon.
14. You had the Donnie and Marie dolls with those pink and purple satiny shredded outfits.
15. You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once.
16. You had homemade ribbon barrettes in every imaginable color.
17. You had a pair of Doctor Scholl's sandals (the ones with hard sole & the buckle). You also had a pair of salt-water sandals.
18. You wanted to be Laura Ingalls Wilder really bad; you wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid,ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture; and you despised Nellie Olson!
19. You wanted your first kiss to be at a roller rink.
20. Your hairstyle was described as having "wings" or "feathers" and you kept it "pretty" with the comb you kept in your back pocket.
21. You know who Strawberry Shortcake is, as well as her friends, Blueberry Muffin and Huckleberry Pie.
22. You carried a Muppets lunch box to school and it was metal, not plastic.
23. You and your girlfriends (or sisters!) would fight over which of the Dukes of Hazzard was your boyfriend.
24. Every now and then "It's a Hard Knock Life" from the movie, "Annie" will pop into your brain and you can't stop singing it the whole day.
25. YOU had Star Wars action figures, too!
26. It was a big event in your household each year when the "Wizard of Oz" would come on TV. Your mom would break out the popcorn and sleeping bags!
27. You often asked your Magic-8 ball the question: "Who will I marry? Shaun Cassidy, Leif Garrett, or Rick Springfield?"
28. You completely wore out your Grease, Saturday Night Fever, and Fame soundtrack record album.
29. You tried to do lots of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God's eyes, decoupage, or those
30. Pot holders - I believe they were called "loom loopers".
31. You made Shrinky-Dinks and put iron-on kittens on your t-shirts!
32. You used to tape record songs off the radio by holding your portable tape player up to the speaker.
33. You couldn't wait to get the free animal poster that came when you ordered books from the Weekly Reader book club. Double score if it was a teddy bear
34. You learned everything you needed to know about girl issues from Judy Blume books.
35. You thought Olivia Newton John's song "Physical" was about aerobics
36. You wore friendship pins on your tennis shoes, or shoelaces with heart or rainbow designs.
37. You wanted to be a Solid Gold dancer.
38. You had a Big Wheel with a brake on the side, and a Sit-n-Spin.
49. You had subscriptions to Dynamite and Tiger Beat.
40. You spent all your allowance on smurfs and stickers for your sticker album!
Just a reminder - Friday, Aug. 10, 2007
Rockin' Girl Blogger - Wednesday, Jul. 18, 2007
A good end - Friday, Jun. 01, 2007
Moving on? Yes and no. - Monday, May. 07, 2007